In June 2016 (and previously in June 2015), Microsoft® pushed out an update (KB3173040 and previous KB3035583) which invites you to “reserve your free upgrade” to Windows 10. All TRIO Controllers do not yet support Microsoft Windows 10.
If you install this update, a Get Windows 10 icon appears in the system tray (bottom right of the screen). It is VERY important that this Windows 10 update NOT be installed on the TRIO Controller!
Installation of Windows 7 Update
Do not install Windows 7 Update. If you have already installed it, uninstall it.
If Windows 7 Update is NOT Installed on TRIO
The following steps explain how to hide Windows 7 Update from view so you don’t unintentionally install it.
- Navigate to Windows Update and click Check for Updates.
- Locate Windows 7 Update KB3035583 and KB3173040. It will be listed as an Optional update.
- Right-click the update and select Hide Update from the shortcut menu.
If Windows 7 Update IS Installed on TRIO
The following steps explain how to uninstall the update.
If you have installed Windows 7 Update, you will see a Get Windows 10 icon in your system tray on the bottom right of the TRIO screen.
- Navigate to Windows Update.
- From the list on the left side of the window, click View update history to see current and pending updates.
- Click Installed Updates at the top of the window to see only those that have already been installed.
- Scroll through the list and locate Windows 7 Update KB3035583 and KB3173040.
- Right-click the update and select Uninstall from the shortcut menu.
- Wait while the update is uninstalled, then reboot the Windows© Operating System on your TRIO when prompted.
- When the Windows Operating System restarts, do the following to confirm the successful removal of the update:
- Confirm the Get Windows 10 icon is removed from your system tray in the lower right side of the screen.
- Return to Windows Update and check for new updates. You can install the other important updates (if any). However, if KB3035583 or KB3173040 appears in the list (either as an important or optional update), right-click it and select Hide Update to remove it from view.
Additional help can be provided by contacting Technical Support directly.